When opportunity knocks, it pays to be ready. If you want to become an online game tester and be successful at it, you should ?play the part.? When pay is good, competition is always stiff; mediocrity has no place in video games testing.
Are you convinced that this is the career path you want to tread? If so, you should ask yourself the following questions:
1. Are you flexible? As a computer game tester, you could be given out-of-state assignments. Leading job agencies select and hire applicants who can render services to gaming companies across the country, and they give preferential attention to those who are willing to accept assignments anywhere.
2. Are you punctual? Will you be able to render 40 hours of work from Monday to Friday with almost perfect attendance? Most beta tester jobs impose stricter measures on attendance and punctuality.
3. Do you have an eye for detail? An online game tester should be able to spot glitches ?a mile away?, such as bugs within the game, errors in spelling and grammar, sound malfunction, etc.
4. Can you write reports? You should have the skill to deliver a written report about bugs and glitches you would find in a game.
Most beta tester jobs you can find on the internet start out on temporary or per contract basis. However, there are companies that offer permanent positions when a computer game tester has shown competence and expertise on the job, has no attitude hang-ups, and is resourceful. Needless to say, when a permanent job is offered, better pay and employee benefits are assured.
Do you have what it takes to become a competent online game tester?
In summary, you should have the following qualifications:
1. Strong PC skills;
2. Keen interest on playing video games;
3. Meticulous when testing games;
4. Competence with the use of the English language ? grammar, spelling, etc.
5. At least 18 years of age.
On top of these qualifications, you should pass pre-employment drug-test and you should have no criminal record.
How would you like to protect your finances against the mood swings of the economy? Take on additional sources of income!
Take a slice of this multi-billion-dollar opportunity by acquiring the skills listed above. There are no short-cuts. However, finding a job as online game tester would not be much of a challenge if you enlist as member of some reputable gaming companies that provide training on video games testing and updated daily job alerts for its members.
Successful online game testers have found a lucrative source of income by testing video games. Actually, it?s a double-treat: they earn while they play. There is no better opportunity that matches video games testing. It is where business and pleasure truly mix!